The library provides a variety of services and resources for seniors in our community. Read below to find for more information and resources for seniors...
The library provides a wide variety of materials and services, including: public access computers, free Internet access, videos, books, magazines, large-print books, audiobooks, interlibrary loan, and more...! Visit our Services Page for a complete list of library services
The Library offers various ongoing programs developed for adults and seniors
Are you looking for senior-friendly information? We've compiled some links and sites just for you!
GOVERNMENT PROGRAMS & SERVICES
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Canadian Senior Years - find the best information, articles, news and links available for seniors on the web today!
- Catalist: The Canadian Network for Third Age Learning - a bilingual, Canadian network of older adult learning organizations that promotes third age learning through shared knowledge, expertise, research, and resources.
- Internet Public Library: Seniors - links and information for seniors.
- Statistics Canada: Seniors - Statistics and resources about Canadian seniors.
- Third Age - leading online lifestage media, marketing and consumer insight company exclusively focused on serving today's dynamic population of adults in mid-life who are intent on living life to its fullest.
- Wired Seniors - Over 5,000 links to sites of interest relevant to your lifestyle. The only search directory exclusively for the over 50 age group.
HOUSING & LEGAL
MONEY & FINANACE
TRAVEL & LEISURE
- Alzheimer Society of Canada -- information about the disease and related dementias, caregiving, research, and more.
- Arthritis Society -- information about the disease, tips for living well, research, news, programs and services, and more.
- C-Health -- providing consumers with objective, accurate, and current healthcare information on the web.
- Canadian Hearing Society -- the only national not-for-profit organization supporting Canadians who are hard of hearing.
- CNIB -- services for the sight-impaired.
- Division of Aging and Seniors -- from the Public Health Agency of Canada, providing federal leadership in areas pertaining to aging and seniors. The Division serves as a focal point for information and centre of expertise.
- Healthy Ontario -- seniors section of the health resource website from the Ontario provincial government.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation -- preventing and reducing disability and death from heart disease and stroke through research, health promotion and advocacy.
- Long Term Care Planning Network -- resources designed to make your life as a caregiver easier.
- Osteoporosis Canada -- educates, empowers and supports individuals and communities in the risk-reduction and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Public Health Agency of Canada -- access timely, trusted and credible public health information through a single source.